Welcome to Healthy Living with Young Living Essential Oils at Breezy Acres!
We have a wide variety of oils, dietary supplements and other supplies! Stop by to pick up the oils you’ll need to make the recipes below.
First we start with a spray bottle, we have some in-stock that are 4 oz in size. Next you will need distilled water and witch hazel alcohol. In your spray bottle combine 2oz distilled water and 2oz witch hazel alcohol. Add the oils for a specific scent or your own insect repellent, hair care products or whatever your needs are! Please remember to always try a small spot test on yourself, children and whomever else will be using your homemade sprays to test for any allergic reactions!!
Here are a few recipes that I use in home and at work all year long:
- In the bedroom when changing the bedding I always spray the mattress down with a mixture of cedarwood and lavender. 2oz distilled water, 2oz witch hazel alcohol, 12-15 drops of cedarwood, 12-15 drops of lavender. Put your cover on and mix! This mixture gives the cedar chest smell with the relaxing scent of lavender for a great nights sleep!
- I love the scents of citrus and use these next recipes for room freshener, it always seems to lighten the atmosphere! 2oz distilled water, 2oz witch hazel alcohol, 10-12 drops orange oil, 10-12 drops lemon oil and 10-12 drops citrus fresh oil, the addition of citrus fresh may be excessive but I like the stronger smell.
- Another nice freshener is sage and lemongrass, 2oz of distilled water, 2oz witch hazel alcohol, 12-15 drops sage oil, 12-15 drops lemongrass. Sage is a great uplifting scent that can be very cleansing, along with the freshness of lemongrass… mmmm.
- I love this smell for the Primitive Barn! Christmas Spirit… what more can I say, cinnamon, woodsy, country! 2oz distilled water, 2oz witch hazel alcohol, 25 drops (or more!) Christmas spirit oil. Your grandmas kitchen and the Primitive Barn all rolled into one!
- This next mix is sure to make your hair thicker and healthier! 2 oz distilled water, 2oz witch hazel alcohol, 10-12 drops cedarwood oil, 10-12 drops lavender oil, 10-12 drops of rosemary oil. This mixture can be applied to wet or dry hair.
- This next spray is a MUST HAVE for summer and fall months! I call it Bug B Gone. This is a great spray for ticks, fleas, mosquitoes and flies. It does utilize many oils but as my kids are running amuck all summer its great to use on them, I even used this on all the dogs this summer along with our “pet” livestock! 2oz distilled water, 2oz witch hazel alcohol, 8 drops each: geranium, bergamot, citronella, cypress, juniper, lemongrass, and optional lemon and citrus fresh.
There are so many other recipes you can come up with depending on your needs, if you have any questions please give us a call and we can help you mix it up! Thanks for living healthy!